Our Flu Vaccination Clinics for this year will take place at the surgery. We urge that you make every effort to attend this year’s clinics as there will be limited opportunities in the practice after these dates. Our flu clinics will be strictly appointment only and not run as a drop-in service.
Please telephone the practice to book your appointment between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. If you are not sure if you are eligible please contact the surgery for more information.
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, delivering the flu vaccine this year will be challenging. Our Doctors strongly support the advice given by the Department of Health that patients over 65 and those in ‘at risk groups’ be offered the vaccine.
Please inform us if you are eligible and do not wish to have the vaccination this year; this is very important as vaccine supplies are expected to be in extremely high demand.
On the day please follow these instructions:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever or loss of taste/smell) DO NOT attend the surgery. Your temperature will be checked on arrival.
- Please wear a face covering e.g. a mask or scarf or be able to provide appropriate evidence if you are exempt.
- Attend alone or with one other person i.e. carer, if strictly necessary.
- Please arrive for your appointment as near to your allocated time as possible, the waiting room will be unavailable.
- Please use your own toilet and have a drink before you leave the house.
- Please follow social distancing and keep 2m away from other people who do not live in your household.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Please feel free to bring your own hand sanitiser.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as patients will be asked to queue outside the building following social distancing guidance.
- Please follow instructions given by our practice staff who will be supervising the flow of patients into the building, this is for your safety.
Please be aware that appointments are for flu vaccinations ONLY. We will not be able to answer any other queries on the day, whether they are medical or administrative.